Lately, I’ve been looking for a weekly book meme I can participate in and I randomly came across with this weekly meme from Should Be Reading. I find the topics for posting interesting so I decided to join. Here’s the mechanics:
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
So for my first Musing Monday, let’s talk about the book I bought recently.
Our book club will have Love in the Time of Cholera for our monthly face-to-face book discussion.Reading literary novels is quite a challenge for me so I thought reading the physical book would help me finish it in time for our discussion. So last Sunday, I tried to look for a pre-owned copy from Booksale (a local thrift bookstore), and fortunately was able to find one.
I still don’t know what to expect from this book but based from the title and the summary from goodreads, the novel is about a story of two lovers who have met in their youth but both have married a different person eventually. Half a century later, they were given a chance to rekindle their old romance.
Though I’m not a fan of this kind of love story, I’m quite excited to finish this because I want to actively participate in our book club discussion. I’m crossing my fingers that this book will turn out a good read for me.