Before I proceed to my July reading plan, let me recount the books I’ve read in June.
- Just a Little Rain by Jayen San Diego (4/5 stars)- Read this on impulse because I saw this from the list of recommended Romance books posted by my friend Tina. I’ve read the first 3 chapters of this novella while it was still wattpad so when I learned that this book has been out in the market, I did not hesitate to get a copy from smashwords.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (5/5 stars) – I know this is not again from my original reading list but picking up this book randomly is indeed a good choice. Now I know why this gothic novel is considered as one of the timeless classics.
As for the other books which I have challenged myself to read…well, let me just report my progress because reading them all is a moving target haha!
- The Book of Lost Things by John Conolly (11%)
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas Kempis (still at 35%)
- Quiet by Susan Cain (13%)
- The City and the City (1%)
So for July, I will still stick to this list plus A Tale of Two Cities (as my top priority because it’s been a while since I last seriously participated in our book discussion). Fighting!