Because I’m happy that September was a relatively productive month for me, I’ll share the summary of the books I’ve read last month and the books I’m planning to read this October. I was able to finish 6 books (yay!) in September and I’m happy because that’s the most number of books I’ve read in a month so far, this year. For me, it’s a sign that my passion for reading is back. Life without passion is kind of meaningless so I’m really worried whenever I feel that I’m having a reading slump.
But so much for that, here are the list of my September reads.
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fickry by Gabriel Zevin (2.5/5 Stars) – Actually, I’ve finished reading this book last August. But because this is the TFG Book of the Month for September, I’ll include it in my accomplishment for the month.
- Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala (5/5 Stars). This book was an encouragement for me. It has challenged me to pray more for my ministry in order to invite the Holy Spirit to work for me and through me.
- Unlimiting God by Richard Blackaby (5/5 Stars). Another timely and relevant book and it is somewhat related to the book in number 2.
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by (4/5 stars). Although it is quite heartbreaking, I really enjoyed reading this one .
- Unstuff by Michael and Hailey DiMarco (3/5 stars). A book about simple living.
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (5/5 stars) – I already wrote a review about this one, so I guess I don’t need to explain why.
- Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (4/5 Stars) – Just like the first Stargirl book, I also enjoyed reading this sequel.
Indeed, doing the things you love will really make you productive and I think that’s the reason why I was able to read more this month. Anyway, I hope this will continue until the end of October. So for this month, I plan to read the following:
- Gone Girl
- Your Career Roadmap ( review copy courtesy of OMFLit)
- Be a people person by John Maxwell
- The Three Musketeers
So, there. Happy reading to you as well!